Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Choices, Choices, So Many Choices

I feel like I haven't blogged in ages. Since it's warmed up, I've been taking Cutezilla outside to get her worn out so she'll sleep better at night... and as it turns out, I'm the one who's getting exhausted. Which means the few hours I spend doing things like blogging disappear when I go to bed before midnight. It's sad. Very sad.

Usually at night, I try to cram in all the stuff that I can't normally get to with Miss Ninja Fingers around. You know, anything that involves:

A) the computer
B) anything delicate
C) PAINT
D) anything tiny
E) anything needing minor concentration or better
anything involving machinery

That list boils down as follows:
  • Blogging
  • Art
  • Beading
  • Scrapbooking
  • Reading
  • Writing
  • Movies
  • Sewing
  • Woodworking
It's also amazing how Cutezilla has involuntarily reevaluated what's important in terms of my day-to-day life. For instance, she is currently at her Parent's Day Out program, and I have FIVE whole hours to do ANYTHING I WANT, and yet, the things that end up on top are generally pretty boring:

  • Straighten the bedroom
  • Straighten the kitchen
  • Go to the grocery store ALONE
  • Start dinner
Additionally, it's interesting what gets tossed out of the list labeled as "total waste of time." For instance:

  • Eating
  • Showering
  • Napping
I mean, I can eat with Cutezilla around. I could take a shower with her, if I really wanted to get clean, but I can also wait until the hubby gets home. I could probably really use the nap, especially given how hard I sleep at night right now, and how early I pass out... 9:30 is about 3 hours waaaaaay too early.

Eating? Yeah. You're surprised too? Well, of it takes me 2 minutes to microwave something and 3 minutes to eat it, that's 5 minutes of the allotted 300. Minus transit, to and from, which makes that about 10-15 minutes, that's now 270, plus transit to go anywhere, say Walmart, take off another 20-30 minutes, now you're down to 240-ish. A real meal would bump me down to 200 minutes. Take out time for a shower, and now I'm down to 160. Even a half-hour nap would leave me with barely 2 hours to myself. Plus whatever time I spend "out" and that leaves me with about 15 good minutes to work on projects or the house.

Crazy, huh? Today I went to WalMart and bought a new elephant ear plant for the yard. I even managed to get it into the ground within 24 hours! It's a new record for me. I re-assembled a new bracelet for a friend of mine, and managed to get in a blog entry, so I'll call today moderately successful. But after blogging, I now have about 1 hour and 20 minutes left (again, minus transit).

Wish me luck that somehow, I start getting more energy back. (And NO, I'm not pregnant!)

No comments: