Thursday, August 21, 2008

Introduction

Last Friday was my daughter's first birthday. I stay at home with her, and we hang out and have some fun most of the time... but I have not lost all of my pregnancy weight. I weigh more today than my normal averages before I got pregnant, and honestly, I'm severely depressed about it.

I have made some progress since last August. I gained 60 pounds, and I'm down 35, and I should be pleased with that... but for a short while I was on a better track -- down 45 -- and after a wonderful visit with my in-laws, way too much good food, and my daughter's birthday, I'm back up 10 pounds. Not cool.

However, I hit the 35 pound mark way back in November. It took me six months to get to the 45 mark, and now that I'm back at the 35 pound mark, I've honestly lost my motivation and momentum.

So this week, I decided to blog about it, to record what I've been doing and encourage myself to keep going back to the gym, and to do more than what I've been doing. I can do more. I can find the time. This weight will come off. At the very least I will be getting back into my favorite jeans. In addition I will be recording my calories, both intake and burned, in a Google spreadsheet. Unfortunately I'll just be going to the gym this week, because since it was my daughter's birthday, my fridge is PACKED with things like pimento cheese and barbecue.

Not just any pimento cheese. This is my family's pimento cheese. My grandfather used to make it at his pharmacy in Batesburg, SC. It's fantastic. Definitely not the average crap you buy at the grocery store. I love this stuff. So until it's gone, I'll just be working my butt off at the gym, instead of reminding myself how bad this delicious stuff is for me.

But I've done okay this week, so far. I went to an aerobics and weight-lifting class on Monday, Tuesday I walked 2.5 miles, and yesterday I was on the elliptical for 40 minutes, and swam 14 laps in the pool. At least I think it was fourteen. I lose my count here and there , so I miss a few on occasion... But it was definitely a minimum of twelve!

So here we go people. Wish me luck.

No comments: